Wednesday 13 November 2013

Introducing New DT Member - Lucy Edmondson

I am absolutely thrilled to be joining Snazzys as a new DT member and would like to introduce myself. I live in North Hampshire in the UK with my husband of nearly 30 years, Colin. I am primarily a rubber stamper although I am more into mixed media and dabbling with altered art than card making as I like to work with lots of different surfaces and materials. I enjoy being very messy and inky and am unfortunately incapable of being Clean and Simple. I'm a very thrifty crafter and I like to upcycle and to trawl through charity shops or find a use for things that would otherwise be thrown away.

I am on the DT for Unruly Paper Arts, a US Blogozine, and also make things for Crafty Individuals. I'm a past DT member for Happy Daze and the Artistic Stamper and have previously taught craft classes which I enjoy very much. I have also had a lot of my work published in UK magazines.

Val has asked us to chose a past piece of our artwork we have liked and which we feel represents our style. I chose the Tin Man which I made quite some years ago but still makes me smile. Although it was not a very 'stampy' project, which is unusual for me, it reflects my quirky side and was made almost entirely from watch parts. Further details can be found on the blog posting here.



My blog is http://lucystruecolours.blogspot.co.uk/. I am so looking forward to making things for Snazzys and hope you will like some of the things I make!

13 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Welcome here too Lucy. I like your wizard from Oz here, and is looking forward to see a lot more of your future work too.

craftimamma said...

Fabulous example of your artwork Lucy! Congratulations on joining Snazzy's. I'm sure you'll have a great time and look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Redanne said...

A fabulous project Lucy and many congratulations on joining the DT. I look forward to seeing what you come up in the future. Anne x

Claire said...

Hi Lucy, congrats on the new DT position! Looking forward to seeing your projects in the future. Love Claire x

Gio said...

Ciao, bella!! Your robot is very original, I love how you upcycled lots of things!

Terry said...

I so love the Tin Man and all the details! Congratulations to Lucy on a DT position so well deserved! Hugs!

snazzyoriginal said...

A huge welcome to Snazzys Lucy. I have followed your work from your earliest Craft Stamper days and can't wait to see what you make with the DT xx

Minxy said...

Welcome aboard hun xo

2amscrapper said...

Such wonderful news, Lucy! Looking forward to seeing your work here.

Words and Pictures said...

Yay! Congratulations to Lucy - what a fabulous addition to the team!
Alison x

laury55 said...

congrats Lucy!!!!you are so creative

Claire said...

Can't wait to see what you're going to create Lucy, you're a real inspiration and I love your Tin Man
Claire xx

Unknown said...

Hello Lucy

It is brilliant to see that you are a member of the design team - And what a project to show your talents - absolutely gorgeous

I am so looking forward to seeing your future projects