Monday, 16 July 2012

Lesley - Design Team Project #1 Featuring Graphic 45

Hello, lovely visitors!

I'm here with my first project for this week using the fabulous Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe 8 x 8 paper pad, Set 1 of the stamps and Set 1 of the chipboard die-cuts from the collection .  These beautiful quality papers and other products are great to work with and  are so versatile.  I decided to create my own little Curiosity Shoppe so apologies in advance as there are quite a few pics ;D.

As well as the Graphic 45 products I've used quite a few items of Ideology, 7 Gypsies, Snazzys metal embellies and bits and bobs from my stash to fill my little shoppe, as well as a crackle stamp by The Artistic Stamper and a leafy border stamp by Dylusions.  Almost everything is available from Snazzys including the inks and paints I used and .............. YAY, the new online shop is now open!!!!!  Val has been working her socks off getting products online as quickly as possible but as Snazzys has such a huge and wonderful array of goodies this is no mean feat so it will be an ongoing process for a little while yet.  Do keep visiting the shop HERE on a regular basis as more and more fabulous stuff is added almost daily.

I wanted my stamped piggy to 'fly' so I suspended him using a fine mono filament used for jewellery.  The shoppe sign I cut from one of the sheets, mounted onto card for extra strength then added a few smudges of Distress Ink before covering with Crackle Accents.  I deliberately left a few bare patches and when the crackle had cured I went over with DI again and got a look of slightly rusty tin.

The zip flowers I made myself from an old zipper I'd had in my sewing drawer for about a zillion years.  I can see now, as well as cutting buttons from old clothes before throwing them out I'll also be cutting zips out, lol!

Here's one of the chipboard tags and I used Black Enamel Accents to highlight the '3', added a black inked Grungeboard '1'.  The little lazer cut numbers were from my stash and coloured with Distress Marker.  I used alcohol inks on the Word Band.

The 'stacked' rosette flower was made from some of the left over Graphic 45 papers.

Hmmm, I just realised that when I took the photos yesterday morning, I missed the part with the bottles in and it's now nearly 11 pm so not a good time to take a pic, sorrrreeeee :-(

The pocket watch was amongst several old, none working watches given me by the repairer I go to when I need batteries replaced.  I took the 'innards' out and glued the little pennyfarthing bike in the 'window' and gave the casing the alcohol ink treatment.   Some of the bits at the back are also from watches I've taken apart ........... I've discovered that is not as easy as you might think either, lol!  The little bicycle at the top is hanging from the mono filament so that it swings.

Although you can't see it on the photos, I used the Dylusions leafy border stamp on the 'roof' and sides and the bird and cage was a cheap pendant I bought for crafting purposes.

I'm sorry if you've had a photo overload, lol, but I did have a lot of fun making this.  I'll be back later in the week with another project using these lovely Graphic 45 goodies.

Don't forget if you want to be in the Snazzy draw to win the 8x8 Olde Curiosity Paper Pad for this month leave a comment HERE  ................ after you've left me a little comment on this post first, ;o).

See ya later!

Lesley  Xx