Thursday 28 November 2013

DT Project #2 by Minxy, Featuring;


Hay Snazzy Gang
{oops I totally forgot, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our American friends xo}
Here I am back as promised with my second offering which is a little different.
A friend {Sandy} gave me the idea to make some napkin holders and from that sprung the whole table arrangement idea.

For the mat I took a sheet of kraft card and stamped on it using the G45 Christmas 1 set of stamps in 'red geranium' & 'fern green' archival ink.


I then placed one of the G45 'my true love' papers in the centre, followed by a Snazzy's doily from their multi pack that I distressed with distress ink. To complete I die-cut a heart from the G45 'golden rings' paper to go in the centre of the doily. To make the mat heatproof I attached a sheet of heat resistant acetate with brads.


For the napkin ring I die-cut one of the Tim Holtz snowflake rosettes from the G45 '12 days of christmas' paper, followed by a punch out in the G45 'swans a swimming' paper, and topped with images I fussy cut from the G45 '12 day of christmas' paper. I also rounded off the edges of the rosette with scissors.


Finally I used one of the cool little G45 christmas tags and pockets, as a name place setting.


I hope you like today's offering, Be sure to stop by next week as we have the first post from 1 of our new DT members.

Till next time, Stay Inky

9 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is soooooooo gorgeous, really beautiful work and great thinking.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the US friends here tonight.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely amazing, Minxy, so imaginative and well executed. It is fascinating to see what people do with the same ingredients. Mind you, I am feeling very self-conscious now about what I have made. I am having that 'new girl' panic!

Lucy x

snazzyoriginal said...

Great use of that snowflake rosette. Very effective xx

Craftychris said...

Brilliant! What a lovely table setting, you are so clever xx

Diana said...

tres cool Minxy!!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

How fabulous! Though I'd be really worried about spilling stuff on it...!!
Alison xx

craftimamma said...

Another lovely and clever idea from you Nicky! Love the napkin ring and the special place mat is a great idea for decorating your Christmas table in a totally unique way.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Candy C said...

Nicky...what a wonderful way to really make your holiday table look festive...using the G45 Christmas papers to create place card setting, napkin rings and placemats! You've done a beautiful job on all of it!<3 Candy

Unknown said...

Very festive looking. Very creative too!