Hello Snazzy's friends
It's my final blog post with the fabulous Prima Engraver Collection of goodies. I have to say I wish I could come back after Hels' rounds us off this month and I've had more time to play with these beautiful products. They lend themselves to almost any papercraft project and I think the next one on my list would be a mini book/album. Although I haven't seen what the other girls have in store for us I'd like to bet at least one of them has done something along those lines and who knows what else. I can't wait to see!
For my final project I have made another card but this time a feminine one. Well, I just had to didn't I? All those beautiful flowers ........ what's a girl to do, ;D!
When completely folded and the ribbon tied the card is 18 cm sq. You'll see what I mean shortly. I took one of the lovely flower images and tore round the section I wanted. I just love that beautiful script in the background! I did quite a bit of highlighting with a Sakura clear Sparkle pen but no matter how I tried I couldn't really capture it in a photo. On the dark panel I stamped the pretty little flower from the stamp set with Versamark Ink and then dusted with Ranger Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. I very lightly inked the edges with Walnut Stain DI, then Versamark and then dusted with the PP. I distressed the edges of a co-ordinating square of card, lightly inked the edges and then tore a darker co-ordinating square and dusted the edges with the PP again. Before layering up onto the cream base card I used a lace fragment stamp from a Chocolate Baroque set with Sepia Versafine ink to stamp a background.
This photo shows the extra side panel which folds over the front for the ribbon to tie and keep closed for presentation in a box. I again used the lace fragment stamp and then attached the ribbon before arranging all the beautiful flowers and blingy flourishes together with some die cut leaves I already had in my stash.
I think this card would have to be for someone very dear to me to deserve using all those beautiful blooms on one card, lol!
And here is the card folded and tied ready for it's box. I wonder if you can spot the very undeliberate mistake? It wasn't until I had nearly finished typing this post that I realised I'd forgotten to use the lovely blingy flourishes. I particularly wanted to put them on this feminine card so added them and retook a pic of the side panel so there aren't any on all the other photos, lol! Sorry about that! I had intended making a presentation box too as part of this post but unfortunately I went down with the lurgy at the beginning of the week and only managed to finish the card today. Keep your eye on my blog and I'll try to do one over the weekend.
Don't forget to leave a comment HERE on Gillian's first post with this kit if you want to be in the random draw to win the same. Believe me it's well worth trying for!
Next week it's our Nicky's turn and I know ('cos she said) she's been having a lot of fun with this kit so I'm really excited to see what she's done. Till next time, bye and