Monday, 28 November 2011

Design Team Project by Astrid Featuring Kaisercraft

Good morning everyone. This morning it is my turn to share with you the last of the DT projects for November. I have made a grungy tattered recipe booklet with lots of different layers.

The products I used for this are a Kaisercraft 61/2 by 61/2 paper pad "Vintage Timeless" and the Kaisercraft "Duchess" stamp set, both are of course available from Snazzys If you look down to Lesley's amazing project, she gives a clear description of the versatility of these beautiful papers.

In addition I used gesso, a few bits of gauze, some metal elements, a couple of glimmer mists, walnut ink, texture paste and a stencil and finally some Claudine Hellmuths Multi Medium and two 61/2 by 61/2 bits of board for the covers of my book.

I bound my book with my Zutter

Here is how I did it.

1. I chose two of the papers, trimmed a cm. around each edge and glued them together as they were one sided.

2. I then swiped some Gesso over the front with a bit of card and sprayed some glimmer mist (Cinnamon from Tattered Angels) and walnut ink.

2. The next step was to use some texture paste through a stencil to add some more texture. After it dried I added some more walnut ink and sewed on a few bits of distressed gauze.

3.Then I arranged some metal elements, glued them with Matte Medium and painted some Gesso over them to blend them into the background, I also added some more walnut ink to make them look more aged.

4. I then created a photo mat with various bits cut from the papers and a bit of corrugated card, all them distressed with a pair of scissors and inked to make them look old and tattered. Finally I added an old photo from my stash. This was a freebie from Land of Nod Studios.

5. Now it is time to create a frame for the page. I chose another paper from the pad and glued some strips of other papers around some of the edges to create the illusion of more layers.
6. I then glued my original piece on top with double sided tape and mounted both of them on my cover board

. I chose another piece of paper for the back cover and stamped some images to decorate.
7. I then made some beads from some strips of one of the papers by rolling them around a toothpick. (There are loads of videos on youtube of how to do this) and added some ribbons and the beads to the spine to finish.

Sorry for this endless post, hope you enjoyed it....

Check back next week for some more fabulous projects.