Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Snazzy DT project #2 using Pan Pastels (posted by Lesley)

Hi Again Everyone,

Time for my second project for this week showcasing the fab Pan Pastels.  I said on Monday how much I've enjoyed using these pans of beautiful colour and so when I went to a show last week where our lovely bosses were exhibiting I just had to add a few more colours to my collection.  I limited myself to 5 but it was really difficult because the colours are so gorgeous.  I shall have  to make myself keep using them so I can justify buying some more lol!  In case you don't want to read all my waffle, lol, if you want to be in with a chance of winning a set of Pan Pastels in the monthly prize draw you need to leave a comment HERE.

Today I have a tag to show you on which I had a go at building up layers using masks and stamping.

I started off by covering the whole tag with Paynes Grey Tint and Turquoise Tint and then placed a diamond mask and honeycomb mask randomly over the tag and sponged Versamark ink through them.  I removed the masks then patted Paynes Grey onto the Versamark.  I then did exactly the same using sequin waste but I used Turquoise Shade in some areas and Paynes Grey in others.

Over the top portion of the tag I used Versamark Ink to stamp a leaf spray from Hero Arts Delicate Leaf Clusters clear stamp set and then patted Turquoise Shade Pan Pastel over the top.  I then stamped the quote which is from a Chocolate Baroque set called Artistic Affirmations (which I think Snazzys can supply) using black Archival Ink.  Over the bottom half of the tag I used the damask border from the Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble clear stamp set to create a background using Versamark ink with Turquoise Tint patted over it.  Next I coloured some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape with Paynes Grey and Turquoise Shade Pan Pastels before ruffling it onto my tag.

The leaves are stamped onto Grungepaper, cut out and coloured with Barn Door Distress Ink.  I cut the flourishes and the little bird cage from tan card and distressed and stamped all the pieces with a script stamp using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I added a little Rock Candy Crackle to the birdcage too.  I coloured the little bird with Black Soot and Barn Door Distress Inks and the larger bird was covered with Guilding Flakes.  I edged the larger bird with a black Sharpie pen to give him a bit of definition.  Finally I added the three teeny vellum roses which I rescued from an old project, ribbon and some beads and a pin.

That's it from me for today.  I'll be back at the end of the week with my final project for this month.  Have a good day folks.

Lesley  xx