Hellllooooo and happy *nearly* Hallowe'en from me. As you will probably be aware, the DT have been playing with those amazing All Hallow's Eve papers from Carta Bella and those scrummy Hallowe'en Blueprint stamps from Tim Holtz for our DT kits this month. I got myself all excited when I first saw the papers... they are L U S H! But when I felt them... well, I got all unnecessary because they are very finely textured and an absolute dream to work with. The other thing that I really loves about them is that they are not orange. I know orange is a traditional Hallowe'en colour, how refreshing to have papers that haven't got that though, brings in a whole new way of looking at things.
My first project this month is an altered papier mache H. H is, of course, for Hallowe'en and I do love to do 3d alterable stuff so this little fella was perfect. I chopped up some of the papers (I know, I had to be very brave for that part) and then randomly glued them all over the H. Once the H was completely covered, I popped some Traditional Tan paint onto my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and then smooshed it all over the H with some Cut & Dry foam. This dulls down the over all patterns without obscuring them and just gives the piece a smoother overall look.
Once that had dried, I whizzed around the edges, every so casual like, nothing needs to be perfect for this kind of altered piece, with some Pitch Black Paint Dabber. Once this was dry I got some Ranger Glue & Seal and painted the H all over. Glue & Seal is a brilliant product, yes it does exactly as the name would suggest, it is a fine paper glue but I use it more for sealing my paper projects. This protects them from fading and from getting grubby but it also means that you can add spritzes and sprays without fear of it soaking into the paper too much.
Talking of spritzes... I used my ever so favourite Black Marble Dylusions spray to add some cool black spiders blood streaks and splatters... the closer you spray, the better the drips will be... and I also sort of shook the bottle at the H, the residue of the black in the nozzle will drop out to add some more splats too.
The black looked good but it needed something else... something a bit rusty looking... so I used Ancient Copper Cosmic Shimmer Spray and spritzed up close to the surface for an intense hit of rusty blingyness. All that done I got on with the embellishing. The bats are from the stamp set, stamped onto Grungepaper with Archival Ink, cut out and then inked with Pumice Stone and Black Soot Distress Ink. I curled their wings a bit to make them a bit more flappy. The spider is from a goody bag I got in the £ shop for...erm... 99p (ahem, quite) He is a big old ugly looking thing and I positioned him so he was creeping up over the side of the H. Using a glue gun to make a web for him was the genius idea from Gillian (credit where it is due and all that!)
The finishing touches are some clay pumpkins I made and the skelington... he is a dandy looking chap isn't he!!! I am really chuffed with how this turned out... better than I had expected... and it is all down to those gorgeous papers, they are the basis for my ideas and inspiration. For more info about the DT kit and how to get your hands on a set, please CLICK HERE because Snazzy's are now selling the exact same DT kits we are given...and... even better... there is a 10% discount if you order them together! Do scroll back through the month too because all the totes-amazeballs projects that the rest of the team have made are all here for you to see too.
And finally... if you would like to be in with a chance of winning this months random comment prize, please CLICK HERE.
Thanks for looking... I will be back later in the week with my other offerings :O)) TTFN
^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^