Featuring Gallerie Wrap Canvas Kit
Hello, hello dear Snazzys visitors, I am here to show you the second project I created with the awesome Gallerie Wrap Canvas....
This time I wanted to make something in more neutral tones. But before I tell you how I went about putting this together, I am going to let you in on a little secret: When the DT first heard we were going to work with this kit, we were all a bit dismayed... What is the point of working with a canvas that you have to put together your self, - help!!! Well let me tell you, - all of us have totally changed our minds, these kits are awesome! They are easy and quick to put together, Gillian has posted a link to a video on how to do it here and the fact that they are flat at first make them fantastic to stamp and layer on, and the quality of the canvas is superb and all pre prepped, no need to Gesso. This kit has probably been one of my most favourite things to work with, which is saying a lot, because we always get super stuff to play with. Anyway, enough of the waffle and onto the project: I started with three colours of Distress Paints, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage and Frayed Burlap. I layered on a good layer of paint, spritzt a bit with water and then dried with my heat gun. I then played around with some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and Prima Washi Tapes left over from previous DT projects. I also used some stencils and masks from my stash, but Snazzys has a great selection!. Next came various background stamps and the main stamp, (La Blanche) stamped on Tissue Paper, just to make sure it would land up exactly where I wanted it... I glued that onto the canvas and dabbed some Distress Inks over and around it.
I made a cluster from various bits and pieces and adhered it with Gel Medium. Snazzys has a great selection of metal embellishments including some fantastic Steampunk ones. I also added some Prima Flowers. I masked the main image with a damp baby wipe and some kitchen roll. I then painted the cluster with Gesso and when that was dry took a deep breath and spritzt it with Dylusions Sprays in Melted Chocolate and Black Marble. Oops, a bit dark, so White Linen came to the rescue... I also rubbed some Treasure Gold over the flowers.
Next came some of the wonderful new Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs. At this point I put my canvas together and added the finishing touches afterwards. I added some crackle to the corners, did some more background stamping and added the sentiment, (a Tim Holtz stamp which I cut into strips and stamped on to some scraps of left over Prima Tea Thyme paper). A bit of shading around the words, and voila, project complete.
Here are a few close ups still:
Hope I have given you a wee bit of inspiration, the kit has enough stuff to put together two canvasses and remember, to be in with a chance to win a kit, leave a comment HERE
Don't forget to come back on Monday when the wonderful Hels will show her take on the kit, - can't wait to see what she will do with it!!
Until then, stay happy, inky and creative!