Goooooodly Morning Snazzyfans, tis I, Hels, back again with my other Hallowe'en project for this month. I have concentrated on the Hallowe'en Blueprint stamps for this project because the other one was mostly about the Carta Bella All Hallow's Eve papers. Did you know that you can buy the DT kits we get sent (not the actual kits we have because they wouldn't be full... I shall shut up now) HERE are all the deets on how to get your inky mits on them... and if you buy them together there be a discount to be had too! Oh and while I think on, did you know the Snazzy website is getting fuller so do pop over to see what goodies are there... and it is being added to regularly too! HERE is a linky for that one.
So, being as I am in a spooky kind of mood, I decided to stick with the 3D decoration thing that I have going on at the moment. The base is a wooden shadowbox which is approx 8" square so you have an idea on the sizing of my project. The base was given a quick coat of Eggplant Dabber and then I used some Crackle Medium and bobbed a coat of Pitch Black Dabber over the top. My Crackle stuff is ancient so the crackles are a bit disappointing, so I grabbed a scratchy tool and scrubbed a bit... well, it is sort of crackled. The insert is some Tim Holtz Paper and I dripped some Red Pepper and Pitch Black Alcohol Ink down inside it so it looked a bit more spooky, like spiders blood or something.
I filled up some Corked Vials with more of the Alcohol Ink and made some little labels using Tim stamps... adding a smidge of Alcohol Ink to the labels and corks to make the bottles look well used. I wanted to add some kind of spider web to the frame but was puzzling over what to stamp it with... when all of a sudden, like a bolt of the proverbial, I hit on the idea of stamping with Ranger's Glue & Seal and then sprinkling the new Rock Candy Dry Stickles over the top... it worked! I am chuffed about that!
The Bats are stamped onto Grungepaper, coloured with Pumice Stone and Black Soot Distress Ink and then curled to make them look like they are flapping about. The Skull and Tombstone are both stamped onto white card and cut out. The Skull has a smidge of Black Soot DI to make him a bit less standy=outy and the Tombstone has been snipped down the side and folded so it looks a bit more 3D. I coloured this with Pumice Stone and Black Soot DI. Kitty is a little cutie isn't he? He has been stamped twice, I layered up his head and back legs, adding a couple of brads so he is a bit mobile and then 3D'd him onto the frame. Finally, another couple of spiders. The first one is cut from Clearly for Art Blackout using an Alterations die and heated to curl the legs a bit. The other one is from my pack of Hallowe'en critters from the £1 shop.
And there you have it. I have been trying to think of ways to get some kind of lantern light into the box but struck a big fat blank... if I was handy with a drill I might have drilled holes and added fairy lights just poking through but I am rubbish with anything that may cause skin to be cut lol OOoooh and whilst I think on, you still have a couple of days to enter this months giveaway... all the deets are HERE for that. Thanks for looking... Happy Haunting! TTFN
^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^ ^0v0^