Monday 8 October 2012

DT Project 1 by Astrid

Featuring Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz 
"Halloween Blueprint" stamps & Carta Bella "All Hallow's Eve" paper collection


Hello everyone and welcome to this week's projects using these wonderful products. 
If you are a regular here you will have seen all the marvelous projects my teamies have made this month already. If not, make sure to scroll down and have a look. There is even a chance of winning some awesome Halloween goodies by leaving a comment HERE.

Well, on to my first project, - I decided to make some Halloween wall art, using both the papers and the stamps.

Unfortunately I got so caught up in the process of creating it that I forgot to take photos of the early stages, so I'll just have to talk you through it.

I started with a piece of 8 x 8" chipboard from my stash. I then cut random strips of a variety of the papers and glued them onto the chipboard. The next step was that I covered it all with a thin layer of Gesso to tie it all together. I added some bits of wasi tape and some Tim, Holtz tissue tape in random places to add more interest. Next I used the stamps with Black Archival Ink. Time for a focal image, - I chose a Halloween photo from my stash, - a freebie from LandofNod studios, you can find it here if you are interested. I glued it on, covered it with a baby wipe and then sprayed various colours of Perfect Pearls Mists and some Dylusions Inks. I then added some stamping still with a chicken wire stamp from my stash.
I embellished with some of the stickers that come with the paper collection and shaded around them with black charcoal pencil for extra impact. Here are some close up photos. The papers have wonderful texture that really bring out the various inks and sprays.

Here you can see the wonderful texture of the papers

One of the elements that come with the papers, I added some doodling to make it look as if it was hanging.

There are two sets of letters that come on one of the sheets, great for adding journaling. The letters at the top are wasi tape though.
Now for the final touch. I felt it needed a bit more red to pick up the red in the photo, so I decided to give the witch a rose in her mouth for a whimsical touch:o)


Well that's it for now but I'll be back on Thursday with another project. If you are ineterested, you can order the DT pack HERE


Hope you enjoyed this project and hopefully see you Thursday.

18 comments:

Minxy said...

Oh WOW, how totally unique, love the finish, a real treat for the eyes x

Ephemera said...

Fantastic project Astrid amazing effects and very eerie. Love it. XX

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful project....full of interest.

Deborah said...

Wow, I love this!I rarely use bought papers but it makes me want to.

rachel said...

fabulous - love the focal picture - brilliant xx

Jenny Marples said...

Extreme layering at its finest Astrid. Love it. Hugs, Buttons x

Zuzu's Blog said...

nice one Astrid.... i love the layers and the quirky subject matter.

Rita said...

How fabulous, I have never seen anything quite like this before. Astrid ,your talent is so wonderful. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Sandie said...

Another magnificent piece of art....such wonderful techniques and I adore the layers!

craftimamma said...

And another WOW! from me Astrid. This is a stunning project and brilliant showcase of this month's DT pack. There are so many fabulous little details and I love the rose in the 'witch's' mouth. Fantastic piece of wall art for this spooky season. It's really atmospheric!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Loving all these layers and the rose in the witches mouth just adds a wonderful quirky splash of colour. Can't wait for Thursday xx

Helen Hapsi said...

...this is just great !!!!

Sarah said...

The witch image that you used is one of my favorites "witch" I love to include in Halloween projects. You have given her a most interesting, creative background. Nicely done!

Marisa Job said...

Another stunning project!!! Love the colors!!

Dorthe said...

Astrid, it is amazing what you can create- -all those layers of heawy papers, and the fantastic colours-there are so many elements there, and such funny stamps-so great with the Pearls Mists, glittering on top of them.-
I love it dear Astrid.
xo,Dorthe

Gillian .... said...

Amazing effect from this fabulously layered project Astrid, love it all especially the red rose touch. xx

Netty said...

Terrific design Astrid and loving the rose.....great touch, Annette x

sharon said...

Each piece is more fantastic then the next! Great piece, the rose is the nail in the coffin! Love it!