Monday 21 November 2011

DT Project by Paula Featuring Kaisercraft....

Well, after such wonderful projects from Gillian and Lesley my projects are going to seem a little simple/plain but hopefully, there might be something that might inspire you (a girl can hope!)



So, my first item uses a wooden photo frame from Snazzy's - which Ive painted black, I then placed the frame face down onto a piece of card and drew round it and the opening, I then cut it out and covered the card using papers from the Kaisercraft "Black and White Timeless" paper pad. I then used a sewing machine to add zigzag and straight stitching. Finally, I added a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ornate Plate with a cut out of a clock face from one of the papers (the paper in question is shown in the centre of the frame).I used black paint on some cut n' dry to colour the edges of the paper frame before gluing to the front of the wooden frame.

10 comments:

craftimamma said...

Tut, nothing plain or simple about this lovely frame Paula. It's fabulous! I love the stitching and the clock face on the ornate frame. Brilliant use of these very versatile papers. The added interest of the keys is a great idea too and I have no doubt at all that lots of people will be inspired by your project. I know I am and I still have my frame to use at some point :)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Hey Paula, I agree with every word Lesley has put there so eloquently. Your project does not appear simple at all, I too love the way you have used the papers, very stylish and most certainly inspiring!

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is cool.... I love all the attention to detail. makes me want a sewing machine now.

Heavens2Betsy said...

Plain? Not at all - your frame is very stylish! penny

snazzyoriginal said...

A stunning project! I always love monochromatic but this is really special with such clever use of the papers highlighted by the stitching. I bought a mini machine just to stitch paper but had to get someone else to stitch the last project for me - must try harder eh?

snazzyoriginal said...

No,not me again!! The Headmaster, who doesn't do 'the bloggy thing', wanted to say he thinks this project is fantastic - goodness knows when I will manage to make something that elicits this reaction. Maybe I'll just stick to the food route lol.

Gillian .... said...

Nothing simple about this Paula, love everything about it. The stitching detail is fab.

Netty said...

Terrific frame and loving the stitching, x

Minxy said...

Oh wow this is stunning.. does it need a home lol

Unknown said...

That is so clever - love the clockface on the TH idea-ology - inspirational