Tuesday 22 November 2011

DT Project #2 by Paula Featuring Kaisercraft....

Another day and another simple project.....this time Ive made a folded booklet to hold some small note cards, which use scraps of the papers I had left over making the booklet.. This is the first time Ive ever tried to make something like this (I know, after 7 years you would have thought I'd have done something like this before!) and I didn't look on the net for a template, I just made a very simple design but once created, I realise I would have done it differently, in the sense I wouldn't have just folded a piece of card over, I would have given it sides with a bit of depth.....unfortunately, I didn't have enough of the papers to then recreate it properly.


The front cover
The papers are from the Kaisercraft "Black and White Timeless" 6.5x6.5 paper pad.

The front and back cover folded out flat

inside
the note cards,decorated using scraps of paper

7 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, you have been busy. This is another great project! Those black and white papers are great, love them. (I got the coloured ones so had not seen those really.) The design looks just fine to me....

Suze Bain said...

This is reallylovely. Great papers and love the turquoise rosettes. xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Lovely! I love the splash of turquoise which really sets it off perfectly. penny

craftimamma said...

Oooh, ditto Astrid's WOW because that's exactly what I said as I scrolled down the post. I think this is a really striking project and although I love the Vintage colours I worked with I like this one just as much and definitely think I neeeed it!

Your project is gorgeous and so eye catching not to mention useful too. I love the stitching and your use of the papers on the notelets. The splash of that fabulous turquoise trim across the front is justs beautiful. Another wonderful creation Paula.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

That will be a lovely gift for someone - love the monochrome look.

Gillian .... said...

Love the splash of turquoise against these papers, another great project Paula.

snazzyoriginal said...

Fantastic gift idea. Always addicted to black and white but the dash of turquoise just makes this project. xx