Monday 24 October 2011

DT Project by Astrid featuring Kaisercraft products

Materials used all available from Snazzy’s: Kaisercraft filmstrip Frame SB2108
Kaisercraft Clear Stamps Velvet Ensemble Collection SB778
Elements from Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble 12 x 12 paper collection
Tim Holtz Ornate Plate



Well, here is the last of the DT project featuring these particular Kaisercraft products. Hope you are not too bored with them but will see just how versatile they are….
I started by painting the frame with sage green acrylic paint. I then added a glaze with Paine’s Grey paint and darkened the edges with vintage photo Distress ink. I then stamped the outside of the frame with two different stamps from the collection in Ranger’s archival black. Behind the small apertures I added strips from the paper collection. I found the three large apertures are just slightly smaller than ATC size, so I created 3 music themed ATCs using papers, stamps and elements cut from the papers and positioned them behind these apertures. As my vocal points I used vintage freebies from the internet.



The outside of the frame was further embellished by adding the word “Life”, using elements from the papers and some roses and butterflies from my stash. Finally I added a die cut label(using Spellbinders labels 4),from one of the papers, mounted it on board and added some paints to match the rest of the frame. I then added that to the top to give the illusion of a kind of tall arch or something and added the word “music” behind one of Tim’s ornate plates and covered it with Rangers Crackle Accents.

8 comments:

craftimamma said...

This is wonderful Astrid. I love the contast of colours from the orange/sepia tones to the gluey grey and the lettering down the side is a great touch. The crackle accents in the ornate plate aperture is very effective.

I'm totally amazed how we all started off with the same products but there is really no similarity between the finished projects.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Fantastic creation. I absolutely love the stamps and colours used. I am glad I found this blog. penny

Paula Whittaker said...

love your take on the frame - a wonderful combination of colour,images and layout.

craftimamma said...

Tee Hee! Reading the comments at a more civilised hour I notice I typed 'gluey' when I meant to type 'bluey' in my early morning comment. That'll teach me to leave comments when I really should be asleep, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

These various projects just show how versatile the products are (and of course the people who made them). This is a great interpretation and it is interesting how different they are with the same starting point

Gillian .... said...

Beautiful rich colour tones, love the way you have showcased this particular product Astrid.

My name is Cindy said...

Delighhtful, the colour tones are gorgeous!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

Another beauty Astrid.. love it..