Wednesday 17 August 2011

DT Project #3 (Part 2)




I happen to have the same idea as Lesley, as Ive also covered my card with the wording from the 7Gypsies 'Lille' collection paper ,my choice was the aptly titled 'Life is Good' - Ive rubbed blue distress ink along the edges of the red printed panel to give it a little bit of depth, Ive also rubbed charcoal around the wording, again, to give it a bit more depth and dimension.
The flowers are made using Tim Holtz Glassine Kraft paper - Ive just freehand cut out 4 decreasing in size circles, then scrunched them up - which gives them a great worn effect. You then simply layer them and Ive added small watch cogs to the flower centres.
The leaves and Butterflies have been cut from a paper which is from the 7Gypsies 'Conservatory Collection'.

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great colour combination and those glassine flowers are super

craftimamma said...

This is lovely Paula. These papers have such useful sections to them for cardmaking and scrapbooking. The colours make a really pretty combination and I love how you picked out the blue with the butterflies and as Aquarius said the flowers are great. The Glassine makes lovely scrunchy flowers.

Looking forward to seeing your final piece this month.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Zuzu's Blog said...

lovely work. and a good idea to cut out the letters. I love these papers from 7 gypsies. your flowers are really cool too.

Suze Bain said...

Love your use of the papers. Even though I'm not a scrapbooker, I keep buying paper but never quite know how to use it, so you're definitely giving me some imspiration. And, I agree, those flowers are fab. xx

Gillian .... said...

Another great project, love the scrunched flowers too. x

Kaz Hall said...

love the glassine flowers....just gorgeous x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love this colour combo Paula, those butterflies really stand out against the red. Your flowers are fabulous, (I've been playing with glassine too, but youcan't see it yet) ;) I love the cog centers.
Great idea to edge your lettering too, Judith xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Great use of the papers and such a beautiful colour combo, the inking and shading really does make such a difference. The flowers are fabulous too. Never tried glassine yet, but you have really inspired me now!