Monday 8 August 2011

DT Project #2

Good Morning All,

It's my turn to show you my first proper DT project. I decided to make a card that incorporates a couple of tags using some fabulous 7 Gypsies Lille papers and stamps.

Here is the card with the tags in the pockets I made on the front.

and here it is without the tags.


I cut the sheet of 7 Gypsies Lille paper to position the word 'beautiful' exactly where I wanted it and distressed the edges with a TH distressing tool and ink. I cut the two slots for the tags where I wanted them and then adhered the paper to a co-ordinating piece of card, which I also distressed, leaving the middle unattached so the tags would slot in. Before affixing these to my base card I blended Paris Trunk Indian Sapphire ink and PaperSoft Apricot round the edges of the base card dabbing through sequin waste in some areas.


To make the flowers I adhered some of the paper to molding plastic and then die cut it with TH Tattered Florals die. I inked the edges of the petals with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink before molding them with the heat gun and then layered them and added some beads before gluing them to my card together with some sari silk ribbon.

Next came the tags.


I'm not going to go into detail over how I did each tag in case I bore you rigid, lol, but if anyone has any questions please ask away in the comments and I'll be happy to tell you what I did (if I can remember, ha! ha!). Basically, I did lots of blending of inks, tearing of papers, overstamping with a mixture of the 7 Gypsies Lille stamps and some of Mr Holtz', clear embossing, spritzing with Cosmic Shimmer Mica Spray and rubbing with Inca Gold. In other words, I had a lot of fun!




These are all wonderful products to work with so if you are wanting to add any of them to your craftroom stash just give Snazzys a ring.

Thanks for visiting.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

13 comments:

Suzanne C said...

ooohhh love the double tags and the holder. Beautiful details and so lovely rich and vintage!

Jules said...

Hi Lesley

Your card certainly is "beautiful"!!

I love the music score background and those gorgeous tags.

Your flowers are scrummy too .... a fantastic project.

Love Jules xx

Paula Whittaker said...

A truly wonderful first project Lesley - the flowers are fab!

Elaine said...

I love your card Lesley, this is really special. You have made that paper work brilliantly by positioning the word and planning around it. The tags are really fabulous, so much work in each one and the flowers with the shaping from the plastic work brilliants. A DT project to be really proud of.

Well done!

Elaine x

Suzi B said...

Hi Lesley this is lovely, warm and fabulous, I love it!
Sue xx

Miranda said...

Hi Lesley, fab flowers! Lovely family you have......warm greetz, Mirandaxx

Gillian .... said...

Hi Lesley, thanks for showcasing a beautiful project with your 7Gypsies kit, loving the card/tag concept with those beautiful autumnal colours. x

Vic said...

Great card!! TFS the deets.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Lesley, love both the card and the tags and the flowers are stunning! So glad I managed to find a place with internet so I could just manage to drop by..

G Peplow said...

Beautiful tags and a lovely idea to incorporate them into the card, Love it, Gay xxx

snazzyoriginal said...

Finally back online. Just had to say this project is exactly what it says on the front of the card - just beautiful! Many thanks from Don & I for such a wonderful first project, looking forward to many more xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Many apologies Lesley, as I thought that I had already commented on your card. It's a beautiful project, the colours are lovely. The flowers are fabulous, with thir beaded centres. I really like the raffia addition to your card.
I love the bird theme for your tags, and the multi layers, so much to look at.
Looking forward to next month, hugs, Judith xx

Pat said...

I really love this card Lesley and the tags are beautiful.What is the plastic you used for the flowers?
Pat