Goooodly Morning Snazzyfans and a very happy Monday to you all. This month us teamies have been playing with the Gallerie Wrap canvas making kit. To say I was a smidgey bit dreading making my canvas is an understatement... for you see, I am useless with a ruler and measuring is not my strong point. However, I am happy to report that putting together my canvas was easy-peasy! There is a video on YouTube that does a step by step, so I watched a bit of that (ok, so I watched it all) and then set about constructing my creation. I set off by using Distress Paints to colour the canvas sheet.
The colours I used are Antique Linen, Broken China, Salty Ocean and a smidge of Seedless Preserves. The base of the canvas sheet was coloured using the first two colours, mixing them together on the canvas using water and Cut & Dry foam. Once I had dried this layer, I set about making some cool drippage down the canvas sheet, starting with a paintbrush full of Salty Ocean and spritzing it with water. Once dried, I used Seedless Preserves in the same way... and finally, once that was dry, I lightened it slightly with the Antique Linen. Whilst the canvas was off the frame, I used a Prima stencil from my stash (although Snazzy's do have some delish ones too...) and a mix of Studio 490 Embossing Paste and Puff Paint, levelling the paste on to start with and then using my spatula to add peaks and whirls to the stencilled paste... this means it has a nice bumpy top for added texture. The above pic is of the stencilled Hollyhocks with added smidges of gilding wax... and this photo is after I added some shading using a Stabilo All pencil... I love the way that the black is softened but makes the image pop a bit more.
Once this was all set and done, I used Jet Black Archival Ink to add some stamping... I used the gorgeous dotty stamp from Finnabair range for Prima - also available at Snazzy's HERE. Always remember to heat set Archival ink as it is oil based and likes to feel the heat... plus, you don't want any smudgey accidents.
Next I set about constructing my canvas. Following the step by step instructions on the video, adding the glue with the kit and then hammering (I do love an excuse to hammer!) the little pins in to hold it together, my canvas was ready! It was that easy! Hurrah! Anyways, I had a bit of a mess goin on on the edges - basically, all the drippage looked a bit ugly, so I popped some Black Gesso onto my craft sheet and pounced Cut & Dry into it, then onto the edges of the canvas, bringing a bit of the gesso onto the front edges to give the canvas a frame.
Of course, no self respecting canvas of mine is replete without the addition of paper flowers... these started life as plain old cream ones - I just used Sail Boat Blue Colorwash and Seedless Preserves Distress Stain to colour them... adding ickle papre roses to the centres and then spritzing them with a bit of Black Marble Dylusions sprays and Egyptian Blue Cosmic Shimmer for added bling. I added on some of the gorgeous metal embellies from Finnabair's Sunrise Sunset range for Prima... and a few Alpha Part letters to make the sentiment... and voila, one canvas. To be honest, I am really chuffed that I made this right from scratch... kind of makes it a bit more special, if you know what I mean :O))
Please do scroll on down to see the utterly AWESOME creations for the rest of the teamies... and also click HERE to go to the right post to be in with a chance of winning a prize this month. As ever, thanks for looking.... TTFN!