Monday 6 May 2013

DT Project #1 by Minxy, Featuring:

 Gallerie Wrap Canvas Kit

Hay Snazzy Gang, A very Happy Bank Holiday Monday to you.
I hope everyone is well and enjoying the canvas art so far from my lovely teamies Gillian and Lesley, 
If you've not seen them yet do scroll back and check them out.
***
For my first canvas I went with some neutral tones.
I started by spritzing the canvas with water and then dobbing distress paint in 'walnut stain', 'frayed burlap' and 'antique linen'.
I spritzed with more water so the distress paint bled, blended and dripped down the surface.
I also sprayed through a TCW 'tiny circles' stencil with a home-made spray {'walnut stain' distress re-inker and water} to give a bit of a darker contrast, which worked really well.
It is so much easier to work on the flat canvas which is what I love about this kit.
The drips brought to mind flower stems, so I created some from book pages and sheet music using the tim holtz tattered florals die.
I choose 3 {out of several flowers I made} and placed then roughly where I wanted them to go on the canvas, keeping in mind the drips as stems.
I then enhanced the stems by stamping words from the Wendy Vecchi 'seriously art' stamp plate in 'coffee' archival ink.
I had some left over flower die-cuts so I made some buds to add to the stamped stems, which finished off the piece just right.
***
I hope you like todays offering, I will be back again on Thursday with another that is the complete opposite to this one.
Till then....
Stay Inky

26 comments:

Ann said...

Fantastic canvas Minxy - love how it all evolved from some drips!! Love it! Hugs Ann xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous canvas art Nicky! xxx

Lin said...

Stunning Nicky..xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really fab make,love the flowers and neutral colours! Hugs trace x

Rebecca said...

Love this so effective :)
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic Minxy, love the neutral colour pallet and those gorgeous flowers on their drippy stems, brilliant, so arty and creative, really suits the canvas!!

Beryl said...

It's fabulous.
Beryl xx

craftimamma said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous Nicky. Just my sort of colours (would sit perfectly on my lounge wall ;D)and I love how you used the drips as stems and then enhanced them with the stamped words. I agree with you about working on the flat canvas. So many more ways to use it!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

rachel said...

just stunning - love the texture and the subtle tones - beautiful xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Gorgeous project

Maryann Laursen said...

Stunning project here Minxy. I love all the texture in it.

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the neutrals for the drippy background and those flowers from text & music sheets are stunning xx

Gillian .... said...

Great arty piece , love the neutral colour tones . The text flowers look fab. xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous design with the flowers and stems and great neutral colour palette.
hugs Brenda xx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Nicky!

Siobhan Brignull said...

great work nikki

Redanne said...

A truly fabulous piece, love the gorgeous flowers. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

whyducks said...

Lovely!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely gorgeous... I love the dribbly background, and those lovely darker circles. The flowers are stunning! A really fabulous canvas...
Alison x

ria gall said...

Hi Minxy
what a fantastic canvas I love how you have allowed the paint to drip and run and then creat flower stems from this.
Ria

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Love the stems, fab overall piece too.

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic artwork! I am your newest follower!
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY
MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

Dana said...

Text, music paper, flowers, magnificent Nicky!

Caroline said...

This is such a cool canvas, love the creativity! :)

krcmasterpiece said...

Saw your canvas on Pintrest-I love it!
Great job.