Hi lovely Snazzy visitors and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today it's my turn to show my first Snazzy's project for this brand new year. As Gillian said in her post last week this kit certainly got the 'cogs' grinding but I have to say it's been great fun. If you love messing about with paints, inks, pastes, stamps, stencils ...... etc., etc., to alter things, this is the kit for you and if you leave a comment HERE on Gillian's post you are in with a chance of winning a prize in the random comment draw.
I decided to make a clock using the largest solid gear in the kit and I started with a layer of gesso over the whole piece. I added some texture paste through a stencil (Snazzy's have a great selection) on one area and left it overnight to set before covering it all with darkish blue and green acrylic paints. I followed this with crackle paste over the large area that didn't have any texture paste on, dried it and then painted with a light colour acrylic paint.
I used a selection of blues, greens and lilac/purple Fresco Finish paints because they are the ones I have the most choice of colours in but Snazzy's have a wonderful selection of good quality acrylic paints in stock too. I began building up layers of colour, drying with the heat gun between layers until I was happy with the result.
I then started building up a stamped background using Archival inks in Black and Coffee with a mixture of timepiece stamps from Chocolate Baroque and one from our Kaisercraft kit back in November 2011 (crikey, didn't realise it was that long ago) , plus a text stamp from Chocolate Baroque. I topped these off with dabbing some blue acrylic paint through another Crafter's Workshop stencil.
I then began highlighting the texture paste area and the edges of the gear with Treasure Gold. I cut the weathered clock with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix die, adhered it to my project and then fitted the clock mechanism. Finally, I decided to edge the whole thing with black acrylic paint which did take quite a while to do as I had to be very careful. I had visions on splodging it onto the front and ruining the whole thing right at the last minute, lol!
Finally, I took a few pieces of Ideology, gave them a bit of Treasure Gold treatment and added them to my project.
I hope you like my first project of the year and I'm aiming to come back with another project later this week if possible. If I don't make it though, our lovely Minxy will be here next week and I know she has a couple of things up her sleeve for you all.