Hello Snazzy Visitors
This week is my last week to post projects for the wonderful Snazzys (aka Val and Don, the best bosses ever) for this year - Wow, how fast that has flown! The DT have had some wonderful products to play with over the past 12 months and this pack is no different in that respect. We were sent the wonderful paper collection by Carta Bella called Christmas Day, a set of stamps from Hero Arts caqlled Believe and some seasonal Muse Tokens and here is my first offering of the week which I hope you all like.
I made a base from some thick mountboard I had in my stash by cutting two 12 x 4.75 inch pieces and gluing them back to back. I then used one 12 x 12 sheet from the collection to wrap completely around the base and sanded all the edges. I followed this with some random stamping first with Versamark using a Christmas script stamp. I only inked the stamp roughly and didn't use an acrylic block but just curved the stamp roumd my fingers so that I only got a partial imprint. I then heat embossed with embossing powder from my stash. I then used the little strip of music stamp from last month's DT stamp set and stamped this with Black Soot Distress Ink having stamped off onto scrap first.
Although these lovely papers are quite a substantial weight, I wanted them a bit more rigid for my lettering so I cut strips from a selection of 3 papers and adhered them to medium weight card before cutting out my letters using my Wordplay die. I inked all the edges with Black Soot and arrranged them on my hanger. I decided to raise some of the letters on 3D foam pads and adhere the rest flat using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
I then stamped the Joy and Peace stamps onto ivory card using Black Versafine and cut them out with a circle die, inked the edges with Black Soot and Aged Mahogany DI and then triple embossed with Snazzys clear embossing powder. This has a lovely gloss finish but I couldn't get it to show on the pics. In fact, taking photos was a bit of a nightmare because of the awful weather :-(. I diecut the motif and mounted the discs on 3D foam pads to the centres before attaching them to the hanger, again with 3D foam. I used one of the Muse Tokens as the 'dot' for the letter i.
Finally I punched holes with my Crop-a-dile, made the hanger out of wire making some spirals so that the ribbon and lace would stay in place and added the little bells on some waxed thread.
I really enjoyed making this project and hope it has put you in a Christmassy mood. Finally, don't forget if you would like to be in with a chance of winning this month's DT pack of goodies go leave a comment HERE to be placed in the random draw at the end of the month.
Please call back later in the week when I will have another project to share with you.