Monday, 26 September 2011

Book card using Darkroom Door and Tando products

Good morning and hello to you all. I hope you have enjoyed all the amazing DT projects using the Darkroom Door Music collection stamps and the Tando "musical" products so far. Today I am showing you another project using these amazing products.

Here you can see the full set.

I am going to show you a so called Book Card. If you want to learn how to make a book card, there is a great article by Debbie Dolphin in the August 2011 of Craft Stamper. You can also find a description in Swedish, but with very clear photographs here



I covered the inside of my card on the right with Vintage Linen Distress Stain. I then used a paper napkin from my stash, which had musical elements. I used the very thin top layer and decoupaged it onto my background with Claudine Hellmut Studio multi-medium matte. I then used Viva Paper-Soft-Color in Walnut brown through a Tando musical note stencil with the help of an applicator sponge to darken the edges a bit. This stuff is amazing and way better than any other stencilling cream I have come across.
I then embellished with a label cut from music paper and one of the stamps from the Darkroom Door set in Archival Sepia ink from Ranger. The little boy image is a freebie from my friend Terri Kahrs. You can find it here.

The frame was decorated with punched out strips of some Graphics 45 papers from my stash, further elements of the stamp set, all stamped in Archival Sepia, and some of the Tando Musical Notes coloured with Vintage Linen Distress Stain and over stamped with some of the stamps in Sepia as before and edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink . The little tag was cut from musical note paper, and stamped with one of the stamps from the 7Gypsies Lille Clear stamp set.



The left inside and the outside of the card were covered with papers from the Prima Botanical Collection. The inside was embellished with another Tando musical note and a word from the 7Gypsies Lille clear stamp set, mounted on a die cut, cut from Basil Basics. For the front cover I used two layers of the Prima paper. The outer one was curled around the middle cut out and distressed with the Tim Holtz distresser and edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then embellished with Tando Musical Notes and stamps from the Music Collection. The little bird image is a freebie from The Graphics Fairy.

I hope you have enjoyed this. During the middle of the week I will show you another little project making use of these products.

9 comments:

Paula said...

truly stunning Astrid.

Aquarius said...

This is amazing - such lovely colours and so detailed

Suze Bain said...

These are simply stunning!

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful project with such attention to detail. So much to admire I spot something new each time I look. xx

Gillian .... said...

I gave out an almighty ooooo when I had a sneak peek at this project last night, this is absolutely beautiful Astrid, love love love the attention to detail, the colours are so fitting with this collection ... I need the Viva Paper Walnut Brown immediately:) Thanks for sharing such a wonderful project.

Jann said...

Loved these--you are so talented! The book cards are beautiful!

Netty said...

Oh wow your book card is totally stunning. x

Zuzu's Blog said...

Ooooo astrid. YES! now that is gorgeous :) bravo

craftimamma said...

Hi Astrid, as you know I've had to wait a full 5 days to be able to see this fabulous project. I made myself unpack and get the cases away before allowing myself online tonight, lol!

This is such an intricate project with so much work put into it and the result is awesome. I love the colours you have chosen and particularly like the way you used the bar of music behind the harpist. The whole project is beautiful and showcases these products perfectly.

Hugs
Lesley Xx