Hello everyone, this is Astrid here and I am very excited to bring you my first project as DT member for Snazzys.
I am going to show you how you can create a little note-card holder that would make a wonderful gift for any friend that is not a card maker, although even someone who is a card maker might enjoy receiving something like this. The holder will hold up to four 9cm x 9cm (3.75 x 3.75 “) double note-cards. Obviously you can make both the holder and the note-cards in whatever style you wish, I am going to show you two, one more masculine and one more feminine. All materials I used are available from Snazzys
Here are two examples of both the holder and some note-cards to go inside.
First the little folders:
And now for some note card examples:
This is what you will need:
For the note-card holder:
1 piece of strong A4 card any colour
2 sheets of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper (I used 7 Gypsies Lille papers for my masculine cards and holder and Prima Botanicals for my feminine cards and holder)
For the note-cards:
For each card you will need:
One piece of card 18 cm x 9 cm ( 7” x 3.5”) scored and folded in half (for my masculine ones I used black, for my feminine ones, cream)
One piece of strong coloured paper 8.5 cm x 8.5 cm (3.25 “ x 3.25 “) (I used dark red and pale green)
One piece of scrapbook paper 8 cm x 8 cm (just over 3” x 3”). I used the Lille and Botanical papers again, - great to use up scraps.
A selection of stamps ( I used Darkroom Door Steampunk DDRS068, Chorus DDRS012 and also some Tim Holtz and 7 Gypsies, all available from Snazzys) I also used some freebies from craft magazines.
In addition you will need
Your favourite glue (I used a basic glue stick, some PVA adhesive and a Stix2 permanent glue roller and my ATG)
A selection of embellishments of your choice
Here is the template for the holder:
1. Print out the template full size onto A4 paper and cut out
2. Glue your chosen paper onto your strong A4 card, let dry
3. Trace the template onto your card and cut out
4. Score and fold along the fold lines, fold all the flaps towards the centre of the holder and open out again
5. If you want to enhance the cover with stamps, now is the time to do so, this is also the time to cover the inside of the top flap with more paper if you want
6. Fold the two sides towards the centre, then fold up the bottom flap and carefully glue it all in place
7. To close your folder you can use a large brad, Velcro dots or whatever closure you can come up with
8. Create you note-cards, put them in the holder and your little gift is finished
Well, I hope you will give this a try, above all have loads of fun, use your creativity and imagination!